Thursday, December 16, 2010

Fourth Day of Christmas: 4 Calling Birds Shirt

I actually had so many ideas for this day it was hard to choose. First I was going to do a variation on Spool's bird mobile with christmas colored birds and felt music notes (I am thinkin' I will probably still do this) but I couldn't find long enough and sturdy enough sticks (we have lots of Palm trees and not much else). Then I switched to making candle wraps out of transparency's with music sheet backgrounds and birds. Did that but didn't really like how it turned out. So it was on to number three. I LOVE making Evie shirts. A while back I made her a bird shirt. I decided it would be fun to do a Christmas version. 
_MG_0471_1776
So, I shrunk down THIS bird pattern and cut it our in four corresponding Christmas patterns. Then switched up their wings and sewed on some button eyes! 
_MG_0486_1791
You can use wonder-under to attach them (this is the coolest stuff ever!) I then did some big stitch's on top
_MG_0488_1793
I really prefer how T's look as opposed to Onsies'
_MG_0445_1750proof
Of course then you run the risk of them constantly doing this:
_MG_0457_1762
Aside from her belly button Evie also love's eating rocks during photoshoots:
_MG_0474_1779proof
This is soooo super easy! So go a head, print off your bird and make your own flock!! 
4thdayofxmas



18 comments:

  1. Where did you get her adorable green pants?
    brenbren13@ymail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute!! (The shirt and your little pigtailed model...)

    I linked to your tutorial over at Craft Gossip Sewing:
    http://sewing.craftgossip.com/tutorial-4-calling-birds-appliqued-t-shirt/2010/12/16/

    --Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. Really cute. And I am pretty sure you have the most stylish little girl! She is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. Very simple and sweet. I agree with you on the t's versus onesies. Once they get to a certain age, it's weird for everything to be so tucked in with a onesie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely LOVE the green pants! Did you make those too? Is there a tutorial for them?

    thanks --Bonita thompson4225@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this shirt! I want to make one for my little guy.. although wish i had a daughter to use all the cute girly fabric :)
    I too love her pants..that green is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like the other posters I am in lurve with Evie's pants. So, so cute! Where are they from? The shirt is very sweet too! :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. The shirt is super cute, but I'm with everyone else, I want to know about those pants!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ya those pants are totally awesome :) The shirt is great, but the pants are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super super cute! So is the baby wearing it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great shirt. So cute. And LOVE those green pants. Where are they from?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute shirt! You are so talented and creative! And yes...we need more info on those awesome pants, please. They would be awesome for a little boy or girl.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My little girl loves to eat rocks and play with her belly button, too. The shirt is darling, but your signature bird is lovely also. I hope you don't mind that I sort of combined them here:
    http://drienny.livejournal.com/2672.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the button eyes! Great idea! And can't wait for the tutorial on those pants!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was hoping to find out where those pants were from by reading the comments - no such luck, would you mind telling us? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was also hoping to know about those adorable green pants!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the shirt too, but I was interested in those adorable green pants. If you made these will you post a tutorial? :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Can't resist green pants! Must know more about them please!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...