Sunday, January 9, 2011

Razzelberry Apron

This particular apron is great because it is so versatile. This pattern is the bread and butter of aprons ha! 
_MG_1759_2876
This is going to be my everyday apron. It is much more sensible then the other aprons. Easy on easy off. 
razzelberry
What is great is it is a cinch to make! If you like you can add embellishments to make it a bit more frilly like the Sparkly and Bright apron
_MG_1438_2604


What you will need
1/2 yard main fabric
1/4 yard for waistband
1/3 yard for ties 
1/2 yard fabric for Apron bottom
The pattern can be found under the tutorials tab at the top of the blog
Once you have printed out the pattern grab your main fabric. In order to save on cute fabric I cut 2 from the cute fabric and 2 from white fabric. I used the white fabric on the back and cute fabric on the front. Once you have cut your 4 pieces out lay them right sides together and sew around the edges but not the bottom
razzelberry2
Once you are done tune the pieces right side out and topstitch if you like
razzelberry3
Take your two top pieces and overlap them slightly and pin them in place 
razzelberry4
Take the fabric you decided would be a cute waistband and cut it so that it is a little longer then the bottom of the 2 top pieces that are now pinned together. It can be as wide as you would like your waistband to be. Once you have cut it take your rectangle and pin it right sides together and pin all up the raw edge. 
razzelberry5
Now sew up the raw edge. Once you are done topstitch what you just sewed
razzelberry6
I decided this time to cut long strips of fabric and just hem the sides. Once you have made ties pine them right sides together at the ends of your waistband
razzelberry7
Once you are done flip out the tie and topstitch
razzelberry8
Now grab the fabric you decided would look good on the bottom. Hem up both sides and the bottom the do a gathering stitch across the top. Gather it up until it is the same length as the waistband
_MG_1749_2866
Place the fabric pieces right sides together with the raw edges of the waistband and the raw gathered edge of the apron body are together. Sew across the raw edges. Once done topstitch what you sewed and you are done!!!
_MG_1759_2876
Super easy right? Now if you want to add some ruffles simply slide them in between your two pieces and THEN sew around the edges. 
_MG_1340_2508
I will go over how to make the tiers on the apron bottom when I give the tutorial on the HMS Lollipop apron. 

13 comments:

  1. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this apron!! I linked to your tutorial over at Craft Gossip Sewing:
    http://sewing.craftgossip.com/tutorial-razzelberry-apron-with-halter-style-top/2011/01/09/

    --Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! You just helped me make up my mind! I am taking the sewing class and bringing this pattern in to have them help me learn to sew!! I love this sew much! And it is exactly like the apron I have been ogling online for about $42 (!!!) with the added bonus of being able to say I made it myself AND I get to make it exactly the way I want it! thank you for sharing! its beautiful!
    Jenn Post

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute apron!! It looks like something out of Anthropologie...except maybe even cuter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it Kelly! I did the "save fabric trick" when I did all the stuff for our portraits! Great minds think alike!! And while I was doing it I totally thought of you and the lack of fun prints over there! I was like "so this is what Kelly is dealing with all the time..."

    Love and Hugs, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelly,
    I can't get over how gorgeous your aprons are!! I'll be featuring on Ucreate today! Thanks for sharing your creative genuis-ness with all of us!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love the colors you chose too! I might just have to make the time to make this :) SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is one of the most beautiful aprons I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where is the pattern for the top? I don't see it? Thanks! This is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey there Kelly! I featured your apron tutorial on my blog today!

    http://theadventuresofroryandjess.blogspot.com/2011/03/apron-tutorial-round-up.html

    Thanks for the tutorial and inspiration!

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this apron. I am going to make it for a prize for a party I am having soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I made this apron today! It came out so cute. here is a link to the blog post. http://mylifeunzipped.blogspot.com/2011/04/pink-gardens-apron.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. you made a gorgeous apron, love it! you give me an idea, bib apron shop have also cute and you can choose any designs you want.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...