Thursday, January 27, 2011

No Mans Land-- Yeah, We Have A Logo

Things have been nuts around here! To add to the craziness that is signing for our first home, doing our first "real" taxes as non-students and lots of Embassy visitors we have also been expecting to receive our bid list every night! In the State Department your first two posts are what they call "directed". This means you are given a list of potential posts, you rank them, they supposedly (I am beginning to doubt this) take it into consideration and decide where you are going. There is a big fun ceremony for your first (that I will talk about in my first "Foreign Service Friday" post tomorrow) but for your second one you get an email. Eyeyiyi are we on pins and needles. The poor hubby goes in every night to be there for "open" of business day DC time and so far a big yucky {nothing}. So, needless to say I have been a bit on edge and letting every little thing overwhelm me ha! On a wonderfully amazing note this week one of my favorite photographers Leah Miller sent me the "No Mans Land" logo and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it.
nomanlogo1proof
I am so excited to get the tags here and sew them into some clothes! What do you think? It is my goal to also post the tutorial for the Couture Cutie aka Mullet dress tomorrow. I am trying also get the tutorial for my entry for this weeks Project Run and Play ready so I can post it the same day the contest starts. This one was a BEAR. Seriously, making this pattern was so difficulty I briefly thought about charging for it... but then I got over it ha! Well I am off to lay in bed not sleeping trying to absorb everything that is going on :)
Hope your day/ night is a lovely one!

7 comments:

  1. Exciting! Your adventures in foreign services sound like so much fun...
    And I can't wait for the tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only been following your blog for a few months, but I love it. You are so talented and so generous to offer all the patterns and tutorials you do. Thank you! I want you to know all your hard work is appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for your tutorial!!! I went and bought fabric today to try this dress out, now I will have something to go off of.

    Love the LOGO btw.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your blog and that you give us so many free tutorials to make our own kids look so dang cute.
    Thanks so much for the work you do for us. Very generous.
    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh I hope you get Bangkok....

    Trudy

    PS did you meet Tim yet?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...