Thursday, October 14, 2010

Few Things are worse

Evie is sick. She had a raging fever last night. Here in Timor fevers and achy bodies automatically make my mind fly to Malaria and Dengue. If there is a medical emergency you have to be flown off the island. So of course being the paranoid mother I am I sat there rocking my baby girl with a temperature of 103 thinking how I could get a helicopter together at 1am. I am a classic over reactor. Especially where fevers are involved. My husband and I went to see City of Angles on our first date, that first scene, where the little girl dies from a fever, has damaged me for life. Pair this with my hesitance to give high dosages of medicine and well, usually it is not pretty. Thankfully Sawyer's little buddy at school's mom is the Aussie doctor and she agreed to see us since our medical personnel is out of town (For being basically full blood Irish I have super crummy luck).
IMG_1007web
Turns out she has a terrible ear infection (oh, it stinks that those are hereditary) and a bad case of Tonsillitis. Yuck. I have to say though that I did love being able to literally sit the entire day and rock her. She would cry if I let her go and snuggle right into me when I sat back down.
IMG_1004web
Needless to say the project I had for today took a big time backseat but tune in to learn how to make some pretty cool play jet packs (Finn wants a space themed birthday)
Hope everyone is well in your abode... 'Tis the season :)
Cheers
Kelly
PS The pics are from when Evie was sick in January, she was so tiny

18 comments:

  1. oh, poor sweet girl, I'm so glad you were able to get medical help and figure out the problem. I will say a prayer that she is better real soon. Enjoy the snuggles, that is your most important job right now, everything else can wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor little thing! I almost have tears in my eyes reading this... It's a good thing you could get help though. I send you a bit affection and tenderness from Belgium... to help a little ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh poor Evie and poor mommie. Hoping she gets well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor little bb! I hope she gets better soon!

    I don't live TOO far from Timor... well, I'm in Australia so that's pretty close. I'd LOVE to fly up and see all the things that you see!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree there is not much worse. Two weeks ago I had to rush my toddler to the ER at 2am with croup. Hang in there. Point of fact, my new profile photo was taken that morning when she was feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor baby! I hope she feels better soon!

    The pictures are precious - she is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you baby get well soon!!
    By the away, she looks so cute in her halloween costume in the previous post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor thing. We've rushed to the ER 3 times this year with our little girl. That's good that you knew a doctor who could come over and see her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poor sweet baby Evie, I'm with you I HATE fevers! Especially since my little one is prone to febrile seizures. I do also have a fear of high dosages of medication BUT have had to overcome it because if I let her burn it out she could seize! I'm glad it was an ear infection and NOT Malaria!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh man...that is the worst...i'm usually pretty cool about fevers and sicknesses...but in a land where there is malaria i'd be right there with you in the land of overreaction!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That scene in City Of Angels damaged me too! I cried through the whole thing.......there is nothing worse then your children being sick. I would much rather it be me any day. Hope all is better today.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww, I hope she's feeling better soon. Poor little thing. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's strange, but it seems like kids are sick all over the world! My husband just flew on three flights around the U.S. and there were sick babies galore. Also our 14 month old is as sick as he's ever been. On a brighter note... I just did a space themed party last year and the best part in my opinion was the shirt I made with transfer paper and a NASA logo for myself. It said "When I was your age Pluto was a planet". The kids didn't get it but it sure made the parents laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope your sweet baby is getting better. Enjoy the cuddle time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. ohh look at the precious little one!!
    i get super sad every time i see a sick baby!
    thank the Lord it wasnt anything like Malaria!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am in agreement too there is nothing worse than when your baby is sick. I hope she is feeling better and soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, I am the SAME way! I just moved from Puerto Rico. We lived there for 3 years while my husband attended medical school. The medical out there is a nightmare so I always felt paranoid. Love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...