Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Somerset Dress

Alright you asked for it and here it is!
_MG_3618proof
Since I had three sick kids, a big project at the orphanage and the fun Crafting with the Stars competition, I took it easy on myself and decided to do a knock off of Shabby Apples Yorkshire dress {just like the mini version I did HERE}.
_MG_3623proof
I really wanted one for myself made out of cotton, it is just too hot here for my tweed one. You can find the pattern HERE as soon as Media fire stops being ridiculous and you follow the exact same directions as in the Yorkshire {mini} dress.
_MG_3629proof
The pattern REALLY needs to be enlarged. I enlarged mine 120% and that seemed to be perfect. The waist is still elastic and super comfy. I just added the belt for a little punch of color. I think at Christmas I am going to add a red and white striped belt :)
_MG_3611proof
Remember you can always take it in but you can't add more :) well, in a very fashionable way ha! I am soooo excited to share with you about the new blog design but thought I should get this tutorial up while it was still fresh in everyones mind. If you have any questions or hang ups please feel free to email me! I am going to go try and figure out how in the world to do a cool "paint" themed project on an island that has little to now paint ha!

18 comments:

  1. Holy crud girl! Love the new design...it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely... I particularly like the green fabric...I can believe you managed to find such a cool color despite being in East Timor. I can't manage to find anything like that where I live!

    ReplyDelete
  3. loooove this dress! you look great in that green.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the photographs as always. Great job on the dress. I'd love to be able to make my own clothes someday. Awesome new blog layout.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to find fabric right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This dress is soooo fun. I love the green and am absolutely in love with the belt addition. Great job and congrats on moving on to round 2!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kelly! Let me know when you link in the pattern (it just says HERE but no link) so I can get it up on Craft Gossip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I knew it was yours!! You love that dress :). It looks lovely in green, and the belt is a great touch. You are a busy woman, I'm way impressed you made a dress on top of everything else you had to do!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what size is it to start with? i bet it would make a great nursing dress, shove a nursing tank top underneath it and call it a day. Exactly the kind of sewing projects I should be focusing on.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute! My teenager took one look and said "that's my Christmas dress". Now just waiting for the pattern! Thanks, you've saved us a lot of pattern shopping stress!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I knew this was yours!! SO cute...thanks for the tutorial, it will probably take me a year to get around to trying to make it, but I am so excited at the thought of wearing that cuteness :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am very excited to try this one. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totally knew this was a Kelly design, although the exotic pictures may have helped. Or that i kre you were obsessed with your own shabby apple dress It looks awesome. Great job.
    BTW did I tell you that I love your Christmas card photo? We also have the problem of getting our families photo taken when Scott isn't behind the camera. To bad we can't swap and get the photos we want!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous, and I can't wait for the pattern. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  15. any luck on getting the pattern to work?
    I am new to your site by the way, I and absolutely love it. Thank you for being so generous with your creativity!

    krista

    ReplyDelete
  16. What size is the pattern? And I think the pattern will be to big for me, so should I just make the dress that size then take in till it fits? Or should I down size it? I'm a size 0-2 if that helps. Thanks, I really need this dress!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't find the pattern... :-( I really want to make me a dress and I love this one.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't quite understand how you increased it to fit you. Is there a way to increase the size of the pattern I can print?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...