Saturday, October 23, 2010

Double Header Contest and Christmas Card winner{s}

I was so excited this morning when I jumped online and went to Shabby Apples blog {like I have been doing every 10 minutes for the past week}
Screen shot 2010-10-23 at 8.23.25 AM
& saw that my dress design made the top 15!!!!!! AHHHHHH! Sooooooo excited :) There are so many gorgeous dresses it is certainly going to be an uphill battle but I am just thrilled that my first attempt was even considered. If you would like to participate in the final decision you can go vote HERE. Of course I would love a vote for my design, #12 :)
shabbyapplesidefar
In other news I was also selected to compete in the "Crafting with the Stars" competition over at Sew Dang Cute
Contestant-Button
Each round has a theme to adhere to. The first one being:
Round-1
I was lucky enough to be paired with Jen from Tatertots and Jello, a blog I am slightly obsessed with ha!!! I am thrilled to be a part of it but I must admit I am pretty nervous. I am at quiet a disadvantage since there isn't a "craft" store within several thousand miles. I am freaking out thinking "oh my goodness what if next it is something like pipe cleaner crafts" um, I don't have any pipe cleaners and I have yet to see them on the island {trust me the crafty nerd I am I have totally looked ha!!!} At least it will keep me biting my nails right? :)
The way the voting will work is that our projects will be anonymously posted and then readers get to comment to vote! I hope it is okay if I mention when the projects are posted and you mosey over and check it out:) I will of course post a tutorial on the project I made as soon as I am allowed (after the next round is announced) It is funny because it has kind of made me pause before posting something. You cannot enter something you have already made (understandably) which makes me think uh oh knowing my luck I will post something and the next day it will be the theme haaa! We'll see if I even get past the first round.
Now on to some fun exciting news!!! The winner of the Christmas Card. Thank you all so much for your comments! The cards have been ordered and are on their way as we speak. I am about 2 weeks behind schedule {I like to get the cards out so they come a day or two after Thanksgiving} but now a days if they MAKE it to the recipients I will be happy ha!! Now on to the winner, thanks to Random.org
Screen shot 2010-10-23 at 8.41.49 AM
Screen shot 2010-10-23 at 8.43.34 AM
Woo hoo! McKenzie when you are ready just email me and we will get your card all made up!
But thats not all folks!!! I totally couldn't just pick one so I went a little wild and crazy and picked another.... but then the power cut off ha!! You'll have to trust me that it was number 71 :)
Screen shot 2010-10-23 at 8.46.57 AM
Congrats Kristi!!! Email me when you want to start getting this party started!
Now if you didn't win the give away but really want an original totally personalized Christmas Card may I make a tiny suggestion? Hop on over HERE and email Leah about having her make you one up. Her designs are to die for ;)
I hope you all have a fantastic Friday evening, please go see a movie or get some ice cream for me! I am going to go clean up Finn's Space Party..... ughhh totally the worst part about parties ha!
Cheers!
Kelly

6 comments:

  1. I just saw you on the Shabby Apple blog, and I love your dress!
    I met you in Virginia. We are now posted in Tijuana. You probably don't remember...
    Anyway, I am certainly going to vote for your dress. Not only do I know you, but we are both is this crazy move around life. I would love to mention you on my blog so that others can see (and vote for) your beautiful creation. Let me know if that is okay with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kelly!

    I love your dress WAY more than the others. Honestly its so beautiful! Have you turned your project in for CWTS yet? I am so dying to see what everyone comes up with!!

    love your guts
    mandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are over the top with #12!!!!!!!!!!25 people!!!!!!!!!(including me)You are so going to win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!After #12 people vote for #7 and #3

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOOOOOHOOO Im so excited I won!!!:))) Thanks for the awesome giveaway!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! You're awesome - no surprise. Just went over to vote for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dress is THE MOST BEAUTIFUL EVER!!!! I just voted.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...