Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Um, is it really 11?

I had such good intentions for our first day in Timor. I have tons of things I am dying to sew (Italy is an inspiring place) and I have one HUGE project coming up (think wood, saws, nails, lace, silk etc ha!!) When I went to bed last night my head was swimming and I couldn't wait to get up in the morning. Well Evie couldn't wait to get up at 2-4:30am and the boys felt the same way from 3-4am. This morning I rolled out of bed and opened my door to see bright sunlight on the water, uh oh. It was 11 in the afternoon!!!! All 3 of the cuties and I had slept in until 11!!! Finn had totally missed school and Sawyer was about to if I didn't get my bum in gear. I had to shake everyone awake and make a made dash lunch. After grocery shopping in the pitch dark (darn power cuts), throwing away the expensive food in our freezer we had airfreighted in from Aus due to a 9 hour power cut while we were gone and rounding all the cuties up again I didn't get a chance to get to anything, boo. And I was totally going to do a tutorial on how to make your hubby's these smashing outfits:
_MG_1778
Ha! Okay I am totally kidding, those were two of the vatican guards. Da Vinci designed their uniforms, how cool is that? You are wearing art! I wonder if he would be a clothes designer if he were born today, seems like there is more money in that these days. With clothes like these:
_MG_1780
I am sure Lady Gaga would be his number one client! Okay anyway sorry I just had you show you those :) And this one will help you get to know me a little better:
IMG_1738
That is me climbing up the TINY staircase to the top of St. Peters Basilica. So tiny you need to haul your bum up a rope! I was dying laughing. The last time I did something like that I was 7 months preggers with Finn and carried Sawyer up the rope to the top of Blarney Castle. Aw man can you tell I am jet lagged I am totally babbling! Needless to say I have made everyone stay up super late tonight so that we are righted by tomorrow. Combine that with another rousing game of Hopscotch
_MG_2540proof
I am telling you it was intense
_MG_2545proof
AND turned into a brotherly brawl
_MG_2553proof
and required a good scrubbing of the feet that nights
_MG_2561proof
and possibly another hot chocolate tea party (smattered with my sarcastic comments about drinking hot chocolate in 90 degree heat) and I think it will be a fun day! Plus I have my first halloween tutorial to share with you, here is a totally obscure hint:
_MG_2565prood
Cheers!
Kelly

3 comments:

  1. Those guards uniforms really are incredible! But...I dunno if my hubby would wear one! haha

    Uhm, obscure to say the least...but I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! This post was hilarious. LOVE those guards' garbs...ummm not really. Do you think they knew the uniform before they were hired?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pics of the boys. Esp the pushing one!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...