Sunday, November 21, 2010

Holly Jolly Belt

 I have to apologize for the quality of the pictures lately. My camera has now completely given up the ghost. I feel like someone lopped off one of my arms. I didn't realize how major a part of my life it had become. Add into that the fact that I have only been crafting after 8Pm and well.... pictures not so good. I am hoping the Canon shop in Jakarta will fix in next week (fingers crossed, toes crossed, eyes crossed etc) Anyways it is painful for me to post pics that are substandard but what cha gunna do right? 

Moving on...Once the Merry and Bright dress was on the mannequin I thought it definitely needed something to break up all that RED. I don't know why I didn't feel this as much with the purple (speaking of which have you seen Elf? The whole time I was making that dress I was thinking "thats a very purply dress!" ha!) Anyway tangents aside I decided to make a christmas's belt, the Holly Jolly belt to be exact!
_MG_9727_0699
I grabbed a remnant of striped fabric I received a long with Sawyers birthday banner from my friend Elizabeth and finished the edges then cut the ends using pinking sheers. (I was seriously that lazy, you could totally make a nicer/ longer lasting version). I used the same flower making technique I used on the Bali Break Tunic from I Am Momma Hear Me Roar. Just like on the Bali belt I used my pinking sheers. This time I cut every other "bump"
IMG_1725_0591
IMG_1727_0593
IMG_1729_0595
IMG_1731_0597
This should say "I also added pearls to make the FLOWERS more noticeable"... this was at l1pm and my brain had decided it was done for the day!
IMG_1732_0598
_MG_9730_0702
I really do love how it turned out and love that I can slide it on and off (you know if I feel like it is over kill ha!) 
_MG_9722_0694
I might go back and hand sew veins on the other holly leaves but we'll see ;) I think minified down this could be a cute hair clip for a munchkin. Since Evie now rips out everything I currently put in her hair I don't know if it will happen ha! Hope you have a lovely weekend!

3 comments:

  1. So so pretty Kelly! Your photography is nothing to sneeze at either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a fairly new follower, and I am totally impressed and inspired. You do more in No Man's Land than I could ever do with all sorts of stores and supplies at my fingertips.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...