Monday, July 4, 2011

The Wandering

Two posts in one day?!? That's what happens when you have been out of the game. Don't worry a tut is coming soon. I about keeled over when I walked into my favorite fabric store yesterday. The ladies actually asked me if I was okay as I stood there, hands on preggy belly, wide eyed and a bit off balance. I just couldn't take it all in ha! But before I can share a tutorial we have to find a place to live. We had a wonderful house all set up but upon arrival in the states found out some disconcerting things about it and now find ourselves without a home. This makes blogging particularly difficult as my Mac desktop is still in the suitcase (yup, I brought my desktop all the way from Timor in one of my checked bags... if I couldn't bring the sewing machine the computer was the next best thing ha!)and I can't set up sewing shop. We have been scrambling like crazy trying to find somewhere for us to play house for the next six months before Chris leaves to go back to Timor on Tuesday. Add into that my turning 30 and a HUGE family photo shoot and well, life is just beyond crazy. I am so grateful for amazing friends who have let our suitcases and children basically over run their basement while we are searching. If anyone has a great place in Draper, UT shoot me an email, I promise the cuties won't color on too many of the walls :) Oh and I had to share this one shot I randomly snapped during our shoot.
shoesproof
Getting a family of 37 to look good in pictures meant a theme. We went with blacks, grays and white with a touch of red. I was so excited when I found Finn some red converse high tops and painted Evie's toes while she was zonked in the car ha! She laughed hysterically when she woke up and saw them. I am dying to see what Nicole and Leah captured.

11 comments:

  1. Yay! It's lovely to have posts from you again. Happy 30th to you! I love the shot above and hope we get to see some more. Best of luck finding a home, hope it won't take to long. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Evie's shoes!!! Where did you get them??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your posts! I've nearly convinced myself that I actually can sew and I'm ready to take on a few of your projects while my hubs is away with the scouts. I live in the Salt Lake area, and I'm curious -- where's your favorite place to get fabric around here? Thanks for sharing your inspiration!
    Amanda
    www.notjustcute.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was so fun to see you the other night!! I can't wait to see the pictures. I handed my card over to Nicole...so I'm excited to see what she comes up with... in all that craziness!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're going to be living in Draper?! So fun! That's close to where I live!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you put red polish onto your daughter while she was asleep - and that she woke up laughing about it. Good luck finding a new home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH my....you do have a lot of craziness going on! Best wishes with finding a home. I would totally help if I weren't all the way in Georgia. = ) I'm dying over Evie's cute shoes! I hope you will share shots from the shoot...we also have a big family and photos can be quite the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Utah has a great online classifieds go to ksl.com I bet you can find a million rentals available. Id love to help any way I can. Im local to that area. Good luck, im living vicariously through your adventurous life...mine is so boring in comparison!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also Love Evie's shoes and have to second the question...where did you get them? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Please,please,please tell me you'll have some sewing classes while you're in Utah! I'm in West Jordan =) I do know of a fabulous home for rent, but it's in Daybreak..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...